I love being single. Others might not make since of why I enjoy being single. But, it is not up to others on how I want to live my life. This is not a blog about the pros and cons of being single. It's just a blog about being single from my point of view.
Sunday, July 31, 2016
Money...
By the far since of the word, I am not a rich person. My finances can always be better. I am blessed for the money that I currently have and attempting to keep earning. In my personal and work life, I am not a fan of loaning out anything that I do not plan on getting back from a person. And, I find it funny when a person, who have called them self your friend, do not either return the items or money that they have borrowed from you. So my question is simple: Why would I still want to be friends with a person that have no intentions of returning the items or money that were borrowed from you?
I recalled, about ten years ago, I once casually dated a woman by the name of "Sharon". "Sharon" and I didn't work out, relationship wise; but, we remained associates. "Sharon" once asked my for a loan to make a payment on her vehicle. "Sharon" had a decent job, and up until that point, I had no reason to believe that "Sharon" would not pay back the loan. But, after "Sharon" received the money, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. "Sharon" stopped didn't return my phone calls; and, I never heard from "Sharon" since then. I would have felt better if "Sharon" was have been mature and honest enough to at least tell flat out that could repay the loan. That was the first time that I learned that I am to never loan money that I do not plan on receiving back due to not all my friends are actually my friends.
I don't think a person really understand that when a friend doesn't pay back their loan or the money they borrowed, they are actually telling me that my financial situation doesn't matter to them. I still have rent, bills, and a truck note that need to be paid if I do not get my money back. In the past, I even had to get an online loan or pawn something to pay my financial obligations due to my so-called friends deciding to not pay back the money that they borrowed from me. How can a so-called friend still talk to you in person or on the phone and acted as if their was no money issues between us? How can they live with them self knowing they owe money, with not intentions of paying it back? These are the worst time of people in the world, I think. And, I am one of the dumbest people in the world to believe that a friend would actually pay back the money they owe me. But, life and my finances must go on. And, I usually end up not having further communications with those that have failed to repay their loans. I also become less empathetic with other friends and their financial situation, due my financial situation and security must always come first. And, I don't owe anyone a reason for not loaning them money. I have learned that, if I didn't loan the a friend the money, they will always find a way to get that money that they needed.
I repeat, I am not a rich person. I have been able to enjoy the little things in life with the money that I have managed to earn and save. But, I have learned that there are those that would take advantage of a friendship in order to get ahead in life. This includes borrowing money from a real good friend with no intention to repay it. What an asshole to such a thing to a person that they considered a friend. But, still, the blame still falls on me if I loaned out the money to a friend knowing there is a chance that I will never see that money again. When I don't get my money back from my friend, it is nothing for me to let the money issue go along with that so-called friend because I can't have people in my life that can't keep their word. And, I can't have friends, that definitely can't keep their word. In this world, my financial situation is going to always be more important than my friends and their financial situations. That is just a fact of life and common sense when it comes to money and friendships.
