I love being single. Others might not make since of why I enjoy being single. But, it is not up to others on how I want to live my life. This is not a blog about the pros and cons of being single. It's just a blog about being single from my point of view.
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
House Chores...
When it comes to house chores, I am very lazy about doing them. The downside of being a person with a lone wolf mentality is that I usually don't see an immediate need to clean up my place, even when it looks like crap. I'm embarrassed to say that I currently live in a crappy looking apartment. But, I do. So, I just finished washing the dishes that have been in the sink unwashed for over a month. Gross, I know. I hate typing it out in this blog. But, I wasn't motivated to wash those dishes, since I am the only one that ever see those damn dishes on a daily basis. So, what got me off my ass to wash the dishes this evening? Well, I think because I am finally getting used to the long distance driving to and from my new job to the point that I can physically get off my lazy ass and began doing a little something each evening to get my apartment into decent shape. It also helps to turn off the television (I love Netflix), or at least change the station to a music station that will get me motivated to get one house chore completed this evening.
As I stated earlier, I am not a fan of house chores, even though I know it is a necessary chore to do. Whenever I was in a dating relationship, dating someone was motivation enough to keep my place clean. But, since I haven't dated in awhile, and the fatigue from the daily drives to and from work in another city caused me to be the lazy bachelor that I am today. The following example is what I am mentally thinking while driving home from work on ever Friday: "I can take care of the house chores over the course of the weekend.". Then, "I will begin cleaning my messy apartment on Saturday morning." Then, "I'll take care of it during Saturday afternoon." Then, "I'll get to it this Saturday evening." Then, "Well, I can get to it on Sunday morning." Then, "I guess I can clean my place before I bowl later this Sunday evening." And, the next thing you know I am going to bed with the apartment being none the cleaner for another whole week. A sorry cycle of laziness and excuses on my part. I know. I know.
Anyhow, I got the dishes done this evening. The next thing that I need to do is finally clean out that cluttered refrigerator, then get rid of all the crap (trash and useless items) that I no longer need in my apartment (especially, in my bedroom area). Meanwhile, I must remember to take "baby steps" with the house chores. That way, I won't have to feel like "all" of the house chores need to be done at one time. And, it will be more of spot cleaning thing to do rather than a major catastrophe while cleaning my apartment this coming weekend. Right?
Epilogue, I bought paper plates to use in order to reduce the need to use real plates dishes in the future. No dishes used, no dishes to wash. Thanks for the great suggestion, mom.
