Saturday, July 9, 2016

Friendships...



Do you have a lot of people that you regard as being your "friend" in life? If so, do you give each of these friends a certain "clearance level" of trust with your personal life? And, if so, how much of your personal life do you grant your friends to have access with your trust?



I love the people that I come to know as my friends. Anyone that is not considered a friend, is usually regarded as being an associate of yours. There is no friendship without trust. Friends repay loans to their friends as soon as possible. Friends don't backstab their friends. Friends don't sleep with their friend's significant others. Friends don't steal from their friends. And, friends don't lie to their friends over important matters. There are even friends that one would also regard as being like a sibling to them. That's trust on the same level as a best friend or close relative. I would accept play sibling's constructive criticisms and opinions without taking what they may say to me personally because I know what they are telling me is from the heart for my well being.

Overall, I've been blessed with the friends that I have in my life. I attempt to keep friends with positive attitudes around me. And, I can't really understand why anyone would want to have friends around them that possess negativity and/or drama in their lives. Like myself, my friends are not perfect. But, I still trust them just the same. It is harder to be friends with those that I used to share an intimate relationship with them because you have to make sure that you are not sending mixed signals with them while spending time with them. While being friends with ex-intimate partners, you must mentally continue to view and treat them them as a friend, or you must cut off your friendship with that person. You can't call them your friend, then turn around and become intimate with them again. That type of mixed friendship will never end well. But, I digress.

Even a single person in this day and age needs friends. I am no exception. No one should ever attempt to go through life as if they do not need friends. Friends can keep us grounded. Friends can be fun to hang out with a restaurant or movie without any strings attached. Friends can get us through some rough times. And, friends can definitely give us a good laugh when needed because friends know how we tick as a person. I wouldn't be the person that I am today, if it wasn't for my friends being there for some of the toughest times in my life. And, I'm grateful for the friends that allow me to be apart of their life.

Friendships, you can't live with them; and, you can't live without friendship. But, that's just my personal opinion on the subject.